There is a great confusion in the business owner’s and marketer’s mind for GDPR being a boon or a bane to the commercial email marketing technique. Well, are you one among them looking forward to understand the term General Data Protection Regulation? We got you covered!
Well, we have all been using the regulations in one or the other way before but just that it has now been amended for better consumer protection. Let’s get started to know more about it.
What is GDPR
The term GDPR was brought into the European Parliament in the Early 2016’s with an aim to provide the best security and business practices for the data protection of European citizens. According to the rule, it is very necessary to comply with the latest GDPR either be a personal, private, professional or public data of the EU citizens. However, such a rule is not applicable to the national law securities or the law enforcement agencies of the European Nation.
Why is GDPR into Action?
GDPR has brought a great relief for privacy and security concerns of individual’s information. Over the years, lack of trust on few of the companies have led to a major breaching of personal information. As per a recent survey, around 40% of the unwanted signups have led to a massive unwanted marketing. As a whole, Digital Marketing has been an overgrowing transformation to take the business online. But, at the same time, it is very important for companies to adhere to monitoring and protecting data over a regular period of time.
Which Data does the GDPR protect?
Basic Information – It greatly compliance with the information being stored such as the Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address, Credit Card Details etc. It is necessary that such websites, agencies, portals have an Opt-In permission before the information can be stored.
Website Data – Few websites have the usage of Cookies, ID Address and location storage policies. By which, the user’s behavior can be easily monitored by those cookies. GDPR plays a vital role in limiting the information being collected on the website.
Health and Bio-metric Data – With the overgrowing online verification of personal information. There is a large demand of automating physical verification of the customer through the use of RFID tags, biometric devices etc. Such information should be used only for a specific demand and should not be saved without the proper consent of the owner.
Why is now the right time to Purchase Email List from Global B2B Contacts?
In fact, the businesses operating legitimately need not worry about new regulations. Due to the strict rules and regulations related to B2B data, there is high tendency to reduce the data errors and eliminates the outdated data. Your marketing techniques turn out to be more authentic and genuine in approach. As a result, the GDPR improves the quality of the marketing by filtering out the data which are not opted-in.
After the implementation of GDPR on May 2018, the cost of the top-quality databases will go high! It is good if you make a purchase now itself that comprises of dually opt-in contact information.
Impact of GDPR on campaign strategies executed by Business
It is clear that, you can use only the opt-in data after May 2018 failing which, you are liable to the risk of € 20 million or 4% of the company’s global annual turnover as a fine amount. You must be very clear about the company from which a B2B database is purchased to avoid the penalty. At Global B2B Contacts, we make sure that the target audience have opted in to your future communications. Building the new client base can never be risky with our opt-in email list.
Some Important Facts about GDPR that Will Help You!
- GDPR is applicable only to personal email data and not to generic email addresses such as email@example.com. However, if small businesses use such generic emails as their main mode of communication, then GDPR is applicable.
- Irrespective of your business location, if your email is targeting any Europe citizen then you are liable to GDPR compliance.
- You cannot target the prospects from the business cards received during any event! It has to be opted in specifically by them and provide his/her consent to receive your marketing messages.
- To perform cold emailing, you must reach out to the trusted and verified database providers for purchasing business email list.
- Global B2B Contacts possess the provable record of contacts who have given permission to be saved in our system.
- Your current customers must also double opt-in to prove their consent to all your future marketing messages. On the other hand, you can still send the emails corresponding to services, maintenance, and transactional purpose.
Steps taken by Global B2B Contacts towards GDPR Compliance.
Global B2B Contacts being an internationally recognized database marketing company, we have been successful in implementing the following.
- We have a transparent business model that is true and legitimate.
- Regularly update the contact lists as per the changing scenarios and industry standards.
- Upgrade security measures in terms of Data Loss, Data Breach, Damage and illegal usage.
- Categorize the data into different sub levels, thus the purpose of usage is clearly defined.
- Accurate and Reliable Contact Fields which makes it more target oriented.
- Highest level of preference for Data Cleanliness and Opt-In.
Further, these large databases have led to a greater risk and concern for the individual’s privacy and security. By having GDPR into the act, it’s a win – win scenario for businesses and buyers. At Global B2B Contacts, we never compensate upon quality to provide the best complied mailing list to our clients.
You can reach our data experts and upgrade your data to be GDPR compliable. As a result, you will be able to filter only the permission based data. We will help you solve all the new regulations through systematic data processing stages. We have already started to provide special focus to GDPR and help you attain business objectives easily.